The Godfather Part II vs. Raging Bull

19 comments

9 comments

Not many choices could possibly be more difficult than this one, right?? Ahh, the joy of Flickchart!! Forcing insanely maddening decisions since 2009!!

I love Raging Bull so... But Godfather Pt.II is so great

Godfather wins for sure IMO.

this is the toughest decision i've ever made.

ear
ear

This choice seems tough for everyone including me. Raging Bull wins because it is flawless.

Godfather II, not contest. Raging Bull is insanely overrated.

I'm a huge Scorsese fan, but I have to go with Godfather pt. II. These are probably Pacino and De Niro's best performances (Pacino in Godfather, and De Niro in Raging Bull), though De Niro is great in both movies.

Im going with Raging Bull. Much more fun and better acting, but if this was against the first one it wouldn't stand a chance.

Raging Bull NO.1 film of all time

Raging Bull is much better for sure. Godfather is too slow and boring, and Robert De Niro does a much better performance in Raging Bull than he does in Godfahter.

I adore both, but I prefer the character study of fictitious Michael Corleone over Jake LaMotta.

Raging Bull beats down the overated Godfather part II no doubt about that!

Al Pacino and Robert De Niro are on top form in both of these classics. Raging Bull is good, but Part 2 is the best sequel ever made.

Part II.

dunno but RB was 1 of those few Scorsese's i didn't enjoy. De Niro was a better Lamotta than Vito but TGF2 is better.

Raging Bull. Two of De Niro's best but Raging Bull is just abetter story. Like Rob said, against GF 1, it loses badly but here it wins comfortably

Raging Bull.

Sooooo tough. Very, very tough. Godfather 2...

Gotta love De Niro. Raging Bull remains his best performance, and I think it's the better film in this match-up, overall.

Godfather II. Close one though.

Sorry Godfather.

Very close, but it's Raging Bull for me.

Raging Bull still don't match nothing...

Must go with Raging Bull

Godfather 2

Raging Bull is an overrated piece of crap! Godfather 2 wins.

A lot of you guys said this is a tough decision, and that's totally true. Both of these movies are among the greatest. GF2 is probably my favorite movie ever made though, and this isn't a knock on Raging Bull but it loses out to Part 2 here.

Very close one...

The Godfather II's greatness is unarguable. Raging Bull's greatness is eh... uhm... well... you know... I mean...eh...

I have watched both several times and it's always a pleasure but if I had to rewatch one of them once again, I'll enjoy the Godfather better

The Godfather Part 2 wins here pretty definitively. It's better on all levels including lead performances, but that takes nothing away from Raging Bull.