The Godfather Part II vs. Dog Day Afternoon

6 comments

2 comments

I remember the first time I saw Dog Day Afternoon, I was on the edge of my seat during the last 1/3 of the movie. I haven't watched Dog Day Afternoon or The Godfather Part II in a long time, but Dog Day Afternoon is the movie I remember most fondly. Al Pacino is far more intense and relatable than he was in The Godfather Part II, and Dog Day's story sucked me in without letting up.

ear
ear

I prefer Al Pacino's performance in Dog Day Afternoon but the film is no match for the great storytelling and brilliant ensemble performances of Godfather II.

The Godfather Part II is the best film ever.

Two of Pacino's best performances. I really can't decide which one is better, that's how good they're. But in terms of the better movie, Godfather 2 is much better.

Dog Day Afternoon

The Godfather Part II is much better

Both are great movies. Dog Day Afternoon was fascinating but Godfather Part II is the stronger film in my opinion

Please, The Godfather Part II is easily the better film. That's no slight against Dog Day Afternoon (a very good film), it's just that it's not an all-time classic like its competitor in this matchup.