Parasite vs. Knives Out

5 comments

6 comments

2 of my fav movies of 2019, I'll give a slight edge to Knives Out bcoz it was the most fun I had in a movie theatre in a long long time

Parasite has a far deeper message and I hope it wins Best Picture, but I enjoyed Knives Out so much I went back to the theater and watched it again a couple weeks later

ear
ear

Parasite easily wins here.

Both are great socially-conscious films, but edge to Knives Out for more humor and having more stuff to balance

Both are great socially-conscious films, but edge to Knives Out for more humor and having more stuff to balance

I hope Knives Out gets Original Screenplay, but all the Best Picture love should go to Parasite.

Loved Parasite, But Knives Out was the most fun movie going experience in a long time

I preferred Knives Out....

I liked Parasite better

Parasite but knives out was pretty good.

Both movies surprised me in the best ways and were two of the best films I saw in theatres over the last year. Parasite before Oscar season even made it a thing ("A Korean movie playing at our multiplex? It's by the director who did The Host and Snowpiercer?! We have to see it!!!") and Knives Out months after it came out hanging on to its screen outlasting Star Wars, Jumanji, 1917, and others ("How is it still selling out shows during February vacation?! Alright, I have to see this now."). I can imagine people still discussing both these movies with reverence a decade from now and won't get lost to time.

These two films are easily among the best of 2019 and some incredible watches. Nevertheless, I liked Parasite a bit more, as it's more rewatchable for me and one of my favorites.

I don't know why but I'm underwhelmed by knives out even with that all twists I'm gonna go with parasite.

I enjoyed both movies, maybe Knives Out a bit more

Knives Out is far more enjoyable, but Parasite is just way too good to go against. Parasite wins here

Both films are incredible, but Knives Out works more for me.