The Truman Show vs. Children of Men

5 comments

3 comments

This is not an easy choice to make...

Free Truman.

The Truman Show is a quaint little film that I came to love over the years from seeing it shown on cable television so often, but Children of Men is an epic of science fiction and The Truman Show simply doesn't hold up when put alongside it.

Another tough one - both are standout movies compared to most mainstream offerings, with great premises and excellently shot. However, I think it's "Good Afternoon, Good Evening & Good Night" to CofM as I plump for Truman

Children of Men wins that one for me. First i can hardly tolerate JC. Then CoM is much more beautifully shot, the whole setting is awesome and we have a nice Pink Floyd gimmick flying around. Enough for make this a winner.

Tough choice. I went with Truman as I think Children of Men suffers from being relatively recent to where it doesn't have that lasting memory of something the Truman Show has. I think Truman Show has gotten better to me as time has passed through the reality show era. Again, tough choice.

JRM
JRM

Chilldren of Men is an undeniably great film, but the unanswered questions really bother me. The Truman Show is a more satisfying movie experience from beginning to end, imo.

Considering how bold and intriguing its premise is, Children of Men is a stunningly dull movie. The Truman Show did so much more with its premise (possibly Andrew Niccol's best work as a screenwriter) and, for that, it wins here easily.