Inception vs. Raiders of the Lost Ark

13 comments

9 comments

You would think this should be a harder pick. Raiders is a nearly flawless movie, imo.

Raiders is easily one of the funnest movies I've ever seen, while Inception is a sterile puzzle movie with action scenes that aren't that involving or imaginative. There's no heart or sense of adventure, or even reason to care, with Inception. Just endless exposition and empty characters. With Raiders, they just point Indiana Jones at the Nazis at let the good times roll. (And whether one likes the ending of Raiders or not, it's more satisfying than Inception's. Whether Dicaprio was in a dream or not, or if he solved his psychological issues, had no dramatic significance whatsoever. Even his goal to get back home just seemed like an soulless plot device.)

Inception. There hasn't been quite a movie like it. Although the same can mostly be said about Raiders, it's just mostly a simple adventure flick.

Both are flawless, but different, action-flicks, and, as much as I love Inception, Radiers of the Lost is a gem. There's never been a film like it.

Inception isn't a bad movie, actually it's quite good, but I don't "Love" this movie. Raiders is one of maybe 30 movies that i truely "Love".

Close. But Raiders takes it out.

I agree with Brown's decision, just not his thoughts. There certainly has been a movie like Inception.

While Inception is undeniably entertaining, it does have its issues with some shady logic and plot holes. Raiders on the other hand is the archetype for action/adventure films since its debut. Raiders takes it.

Inception for me.

Inception has a better story,better cast and is the more intelligent film.Entertainment wise,it's a coin toss.

Raiders....Raiders

Raiders. I freakin' love Inception...but it can't beat Raiders...

The better more complex film is Inception.

Inception isn't so intelligent at all. Upon viewing it for a second time, I didn't like it all that much, and I noticed it's littered with plot holes. I have to agree however that it is undeniably entertaining. I didn't 'grow up' with Raiders. I did see it recently for the first time, wasn't blown away. But still pick it over Inception.

Inception for me.

Inception. It's one of the most intelligent films I've ever seen.

Raiders

Raiders is the definitive classic.

Inception wins, sorry Indy.

Raiders

Both are overated but Raiders is awesome while Inception is not.

Raiders. But not by much.

Still must be Raiders for me

Raiders win this one

Inception will never beat my #1

Inception. Raiders if overrated in my opinion. People discount Inception as if its simply a flash in the pan or a trendy Johnny come lately. But I really think it's a masterpiece that will stand the test of time and eventually win over its detractors. If you think about it, some of the greatest Sci-Fi films of all time were harshly criticized but later invariably became quintessential prototypes of the genre. The two that come to mind are 2001: A Space Odyssey and Alien. People today think that those two movies have always been heralded, but that's FAR from the truth. 2001 was heavily criticized for its massive budget, slow pace, and perplexing plot. Years later, people finally figured out that its budget was justified seeing that it still holds up by todays standards. They finally figured out that the pace was deliberately slow as a form of art in motion. They finally figured out that the plot wasn't needlessly perplexing, but rather innovative and deeply thought-provoking.

Only time will tell, but I think Inception will prove the naysayers wrong.

inception, yeah

Raiders for this one

Inception by a landslide...

ear
ear

This is too hard. Raiders for nostalgia reasons I guess.