Inception vs. The Truman Show

9 comments

3 comments

So easy it hurts :DD inception

Now this is tough. Both are concept films which work very well, and are thoroughly entertaining. For now, I'm going to say Inception, as I have only just finished watching The Truman Show and need time for it to sink in, but there haven't been many concept films (actually, scratch that, there haven't been many films PERIOD) that have had me as hooked, engaged and utterly moved as The Truman Show in a long time, so that point of view is subject to change. My top 100 has a new entry!

If I had to pick one of these movies to be the only movie I ever get to watch again, I'd pick: The Truman Show

Inception is definitely the better film of the two. Leonardo DiCaprio is a more likeable protagonist (in my eyes).

Truman Show is good but it comes no where close to Inception for me.

Love truman show but inception is better on every single

Truman is lame compared to inception.

Jim only has one win here! It's going to stay that way. Inception wins this easily.

Truman show is more orignal and better acted but i enjoy inception more

Shut up, SquareMaster.

No comments? Two inventive forms of Sci-Fi. Truman is top 100 for me, but Inception is top 30.

Both are impressive thought-provoking films, but inception wins by a mile in terms of entertainment value and amazing visual effects

Very interesting comparison considering that both plots surprisingly have some similarities. However, inception is way more thought provoking and put together which is why it gets my vote.