Inception vs. Prometheus

11 comments

1 comments

I imagine a lot of people will disagree, but I'm willing to bet that in 30 years, Prometheus will be ranked among the best sci-fi films ever made, and Inception will be a campy cult classic.

Prometheus is great, but it simply IMO doesn't live up to Inceptions standards.

Inception delivered on all its promises and exceeded them in many instances, capped off by one of the single most brilliant endings in cinematic history. Prometheus was nothing but a special effects showcase with dull characters and a ham-fisted attempt to tell a story about the birth of humanity but is ultimately a disappointing Alien prequel.

SquareMaster316 speaks the truth.

I'll also go with Inception, but a close call for me. Quite frankly...I loved 'em both...

Prometheus was like the LOST of all sci-fi flicks; it's full to the brim of plotholes and 'what the hell?' moments, but was still enjoyable nonetheless. Inception challenged me and made me think for its entire runtime. I like to think. Inception.

Inception is much better, Prometheus was good though.

JRM
JRM

Inception can't be considered a cult classic; it's a blockbuster. That said, both are great sci-fi films, but I believe Inception will stand the test of time.

Dat Zimmer (no, I didn't mean "The Room".)

Prometheus is a blast. Its visual grandeur is unmatched. But it does not win this duel...

I actually like Prometheus. It had an interesting plot, some really good performances and stunning visuals. But yeah, it's no Inception.

Prometheus was meh to me, Inception was FUCKING AWESOME!!!

Prometheus is really good, best of the Aliens movie. Inception is a masterpiece.

Inception. Prometheus is decent