Inception vs. Tangled

4 comments

3 comments

I really liked Tangled, although I think it's missing the magic of most earlier Disney films.

I love Tangled I REALLY DO. But when it's pitted against something like Inception. Inception's the clear winner. (Please don't hate me Rapunzel.)

I kind of hated Tangled? I felt that it was incredibly formulaic and it brought absolutely nothing new to the table. The comedy fell flat, the songs were mostly shrug-worthy and every twist could be seen from a mile away. I don't know. Perhaps they were aiming for a traditional, by-the-book fairytale, but in comparison to other disney films (Namely the more recent "The Princess and the Frog") it was an average film at best. Oh, and Inception is in my top 3 of 2010, so there's that too.

Tangled certainly does lack freshness and a true feel of wonderment. Inception wasn't very engaging at all, but I suppose I was more interested in what was going to happen next than I was with Tangled. I think that generally I'm more inclined to side with movies like Tangled over sterile Sci-Fi flicks, but not in this case. Tangled kind of phoned it in, which I can't say for Inception.

Liked Tangled, but against Inception? No contest...

Tangled really wasn't very special at all. Clearly aimed at those with less than two digits in their age, Tangled lacks the spark and originality of other Disney films. Inception, on the other hand, is my all time favorite action film. It's intelligence and depth make it worth re-watching over and over.

I don´t care if people snub tangled just beacause is an animated film, i think animation is as sophisticated or even more than live action, it doesn´t need to be the great complex.mind story to develop a good story that can touch your feeling and bring you back for a moment to your childhood and make you remember that we used to be good we used to believe in magical trees, love at first sight, talking animals and happy endings i think that the fact that a movie can make you feel that is more valuable than see a bunch of mind terrorists or something trying to steal secrets and stuff making it so complex and confused to make you believe is a better film, in that case Paprika is a thousand times better is more imaginative and sweet, so for me Tangles is tthe best film in here.

Both were majorly hyped up for me, but Tangled did a better job at living up to the hype than Inception.

I loved Tangled. Lots of fun. Inception is top 20 material though.