Inglourious Basterds vs. Kill Bill Vol. 1

18 comments

13 comments

This is pretty difficult. Kill Bill 1 and 2 together would be an easy win, but IB just edges out either volume by itself.

JRM
JRM

Both are in my top 5, but Kill Bill is so easy to get into and watch at anytime, so I have to go with that.

OUCH!! The toughest call yet!!

ear
ear

Kill Bill 1 is too much fun to lose this one.

I enjoyed Inglourious Basterds but I just don't think it's quite as good as Kill Bill

i'm going with basterds cuz its just a better movie, and ive seen it like 10 times and kill bill only 1 and inglourious just never gets old

Inglourious

Like pretty much everyone else on this site, I sorta liked Inglojdksjdkd Basterds, I actually thought it was a smart move for Tarantino to step into slightly "straighter" material after like a decade of (what was becoming) samey B movie fetishizing--while carrying over those sensibilities nonetheless. At times it still feels like he wants to be directing some European arthouse movie, though. It's a confused mix, but it's the closest thing he's come to his "own" voice since the 90s. But while Kill Bill is marginally more indulgent (in a bad way), it may be more endearing because it's more obviously a labor of love. It's like some geek's fanfiction, it's awful, but there literally isn't a single word of it that his heart's not in.

Oh...I'm going Vol. 1 on this one. I liked Basterds...but Vol. 1 is such a blast....

Eh, both Kill Bill movies are a bit on the mediocre side, in my opinion. Inglourious Basterds may be Quentin Tarantino's best film.

Basterds

IB wins in a heartbeat. Kill Bill is good but it's the epitome of "all style, no substance". It's fun, but forgettable (for me).

Inglourious Basterds for sure.

Tough match-up for me. I keep switching between the two, for now I'm going to pick Inglourious Basterds.

Adore both films, but I think IB edges it out. I loved the way each scene played out in a slow and tense way.

Adore both films, but I think IB edges it out. I loved the way each scene played out in a slow and tense way.

Inglourious Basterds beats all Tarantino.

Yeah Kill Bill for me as well. Basterds was amazing, but Kill Bill was actually better.

Kill Bill all the way!

Kill Bill is great but Basterds is my favorite Tarantino film

Basterds

Both are Tarantino magic but the best thing about Kill Bill was the crazy 88 fight sequence and the soundtrack. Basterds had more entertaining moments and a better soundtrack. The characters were also better and the story interesting.

this is so tough both are a bloody blast! im picking Basterds i like the setting and characters more.

Definitely Kill Bill for me. I just loved the style of the film way more. The only film I have yet to see from Tarantino is Death Proof.

Woah, this is tough. I'll go with Kill Bill but it's close!

Tough call... but ultimatly the edge goes to Kill Bill for more action

Inglourious basterds is a far better movie.Actually it's my favourite Quentin Tarantino movie.On the other hand kill bill though having great action sequence and is high on style looked unrealistic for most of the part.Inglourious basterds wins this match up IMO

Change my answer to Inglorious Basterds

Inglourious Basterds is amazing. Love me some Kill Bill, but I love me some Jew-killing Nazis and Christoph Waltz even more.

What the hell did I write?! Holy hell *Gob Bluth voice*, I've made a huge mistake!!! Of course I meant Jews who kill Nazis. Phew, glad I noticed that...

Kill Bill: The Whole Bloody Affair would beat Inglourious Basterds, but it does edge out Kill Bill: Volume 1 by itself.

Out of the few Tarintino films I've seen (well then again he's only made 9 [soon to be 10]), Inglourious Basterds has been my favorite, followed by the Kill Bill duo (I consider them basically equals). Both are very fantastic films, nevertheless.

Kill Bill Vol. 1 is my second favorite Tarantino film, only behind Pulp Fiction. Inglorious Bastards is good, but there are very few movies that are more fun than Kill Bill to me. Plus, it has my favorite actress of all time, Uma Thurman, who shoud have gotten nominated for an Oscar for this. I prefer Django to Inglorious as well.