Inglourious Basterds vs. Up in the Air

9 comments

8 comments

Inglorious Basterds was way better.

JRM
JRM

I really liked Up in the Air, but I agree. Basterds was way better.

I really like Up in the Air but there are just so many things about Inglourious Basterds that I LOVE.

Up in the Air gets my vote. Thought Clooney was fantastic, and while I liked Basterds, I can't call any Tarantino film a favorite.

Ugh, what a choice. I don't like either. However, Inglourious Basterds has panache and wit, so I'm picking that one.

Both movie were in my top 3 for the year. Up in the Air was the more consistent movie. Inglourious Basterds is flawed, but when it's good, it's really amazing. Things like the first scene and Christoph Waltz's Has Landa are better than anything in Up in the Air, so Basterds will get my vote.

Up in the Air is an actor and writer showcase. Inglourious Basterds is decent, if not flawed, fun from a director that gets a little too much love around these parts, and all other parts. Up in the Air.

I'm a big Clooney fan, but Inglourious Basterds was one of my favorites of the year. Both were some of the best of 2009.

Basterds might have been the best film of the decade. Basterds on this one.

Up in the Air was fantastic. Sucks me in everytime. Like others, I enjoyed bastards...but Up in the Air was an acting clinc by Clooney and the ladies....

Up in the Air is very very good, but I LOVED Inglourious Basterds.

Up in the Air is very very good, but I LOVED Inglourious Basterds.

Seb
Seb

up in the air is superior to the patchy basterds

Up in the Air really grew on me when I rewatched it removed from all the Oscars hooplah. Inglourious Basterds failed to do the same. As they were on roughly equal grounds after my intial viewing, I'd give the edge to Reitman.

I like Up in the Air more!

Love both but easily Up In The Air for me

Basterds is fun, and amazing when it isn't aimless. Up in the Air is rock solid. Team: Up in the Air

There are parts of Basterds I enjoyed, but on the whole I felt it was too insistent upon itself. Up in the Air was more solid, consistent, and well-rounded for my tastes.

Up in the Air was fine, I guess. Certainly overpraised. Inglourious Basterds wins.