Inglourious Basterds vs. Apollo 13

3 comments

3 comments

Two really good, yet very different films. Apollo 13 is a rare PG-rated movie for adults. Not much sex, violence or profanity to be found; just a fascinating, tension-filled story. Inglourious Basterds is, well, you know what you're getting with Quentin Tarantino. I love 'em both, but Inglourious Basterds is just a bit more entertaining.

Apollo 13 is a near masterpiece of film making. Like Basterds...but not QT's best IMO....

Apollo 13 is my favourite film, so pretty much automatically wins any matchup I ever do. Inglourious is entertaining with great scenes and performance (particularly like the irony of Michael Fassbender playing an English disguised as a German who gets tripped up on his German), but it's also a perfect example of all the problems with Quentin Tarantino films post-Jackie Brown; it's too long, very self-indulgent and at times obnoxious. I don't dislike Tarantino films (quite the opposite actually), and I look forward to Django Unchained, but he has plenty of reoccurring problems which I just cannot ignore.

*performances *English officer

Apollo 13 is a fine film- tastefully done and well-made, but not a masterpiece. Inglourious wins (Although it isn;t a masterpiece either).

*isn't

Apollo 13 is better than Inglourious Basterds for the fact that the story is more solid from start to finish, and the cast is better all around.