Inglourious Basterds vs. The Shining

3 comments

10 comments

Now this is something I can't decide on. A Horror vs. an Action. I think I gotta say Inglourious Bastards!

Basterds is certainly enjoyable, largely thanks to good 'ol Christoph. But it's no match for Kubrick's meticulously constructed horror tale. In spite of the over-the-top, goofy performances, The Shining has enough going for it for a simultaneous entertaining and frightening experience. The spatial composition creates a subtle sense of isolation which is just unnerving. Oh and Waltz destroys every performance in The Shining.

Eh, I'm not much of a fan of the horror genre, so this is an easy matchup for me. Inglourious Basterds crushes The Shining's skull with a baseball bat.

I don't mind horrors, I can watch most genres and sub genres so it's a closer matchup. The Shining for me, but it's close. So close. So. Close. Close. So very. Close.

The Shining holds a special place in my heart. Will never forget the first time I saw it. Basterds was fine...but ultimately nothing I think about consistently....

I love both movies, but the shining is a classic. Gotta go Shining.

oops wrong side

The Shining. RISE.

Hmm, I think IB wins for now.

Both are in my Top 10, but Inglourious is #1.

The Shining for sure.

The Shining for me, such a fine and well-made tale of horror.

Both in my top 10, but IB takes it here

The Shining just means more to me.