Inglourious Basterds vs. Apocalypse Now

8 comments

14 comments

Wow - what a choice. I know our culture always wants to rank whatever the newest thing as the greatest, but I think there could be some real merit to voting for Basterds here. Coppola was the first to use 5.1 surround sound for Apocalypse and it has influenced many movies still today. Tarantino's opening interrogation scene is one of the best things put on film in the last 50 years. Apocalypse is still the choice with all it's classic scenes and lines but for there to even be a discussion about it tells you just how great Basterds is. "I love the smell of napalm in the morning"

Apocalypse is great, but Inglourious is better

"If I say its safe to surf this beach, Captain, then its safe to surf this beach!"

Inglourious Basterds is a disgusting movie... oh i'm sorry it isn't even a movie...

Inglourious Basterds is so damn good

Basterds is ifinitely better.

Apocalypse Now is on a totally different level technically and generally.

Apocalypse Now blows the basterds away.

JRM
JRM

I loved everything about Apocalypse Now... except the self indulgent final act. Basterds was fantastic from start to finish.

I love both, Apocalypse Now is better.

Both movies are fantastic, but Apocalypse Now is still the superior choice. No war film compares.

Basterds beats napalm in the morning...

''Do you smell that? It's the smell of Apocalypse Now destroying Inglourious Basterds.''

The helicopter attack. Best. Scene. Ever.

Apocalypse Now is the better film.

I should watch AN again before I'm completely sure.

Coppola smashes.

I gotta watch Apocalypse now again, but right now I'm not a big fun of it. And I am a fan of the Basterds. So, yeah...

The War scenes and acting in Apocalypse now is way better but the dark humar and story telling in basterds cant be matched- Two different wars and eras of film making both directors complement each other too.For Now im taking Basterds in a very close margin.

Not easy to me

apocalypse now

Apocalypse Now and ain't even close. Except Reservoir Dogs, I've lost all patience with Tarantino.

I say Jackie Brown beats AN, not IB.

Apocalypse Now is he better war film.