Jurassic Park vs. Saving Private Ryan

14 comments

13 comments

Fantastical Spielberg vs Uber-serious Spielberg... Fantastical

Jurassic Park is the best Spielberg film.

Jurassic Park here. Saving Private Ryan is an achievement in visual effects, but Jurassic Park paved the way. I love it more.

Jurassic Park, dang I am a dino lover and a WW2 buff but Jurassic wins.

Saving Private Ryan was quickly outstripped by other war films like Black Hawk Down and Hurt Locker. JP is still a classic.

Jurassic Park takes the vote.

SPR in an easy choice for me....

Jurassic Park is the better Spielberg film in my opinion.

Both of these sit just outside my top 20. A few years ago I would have said JP without hesitation, but now I think it's a bit more of an even playing field. I love both, and I think that JP is a slightly more entertaining experience (certainly I can call it "entertaining" without feeling guilty for having used the word), but I think that SPR is a better, more carefully constructed film overall. Fun, but nevertheless blatant pseudo-science aside, most of which is inherent to the book of course, I can pick too many holes in Jurassic Park having seen it so many times, whereas SPR is just as solid a film as it was before. So very VERY close, but SPR clinches it now.

Saving Private Ryan is far superior.

Spielberg is a fantastic director. These two films are pretty different, but they stand as classics in their genre. Saving Private Ryan gets my pick, though.

Saving Private Ryan has the more fleshed out characters, and is more consistent throughout.

Have to pick Saving Private Ryan, but Jurassic Park is a classic as well.

Nah, Ryan

Ryan wins no problem man

I love JP its fun exciting and magical but there were too many mistakes to beat one of the great WW2 film that has a deep and emotional story and better moments like The D-Day scene and the cast was impressive!

Ryan takes the cake.

Nah, Jurassic Park.

Jurassic Park wins no problem, man.

Saving Private Ryan without a shadow of doubt

Saving Private Ryan without a shadow of doubt

Comment again, empirosaur and look this matchup coming close to Jurassic Park VS. Se7en.

SPR is a very flawed masterpiece, JP is a less flawed and really fun blockbuster. I'm going with Jurassic Park.

Jurassic Park for the dinos. Saving Private Ryan is still a masterpiece though.

Both are great but the Park never closes.

Saving Private Ryan

ear
ear

Saving Private Ryan is so brilliant and Jurassic Park is a classic . Ryan wins this hard choice.

Saving Private Ryan is great but flawed. Jurassic Park is flawless, other than it has kids in it. Jurassic Park>Saving Private Ryan

Jurassic Park takes the nod...

Saving Privare Ryan might have better acting. But Jurassic Park is the true winner.

Jurassic Park may be the more important and revolutionary film, but I think Saving Private Ryan is the better film. With the ideas it brings to the table, and the character development. Also worth mentioning that it’s 3 hour run time is used very well, not filling it with any fluff or wasting time, just telling a story that needs to be long. But I don’t wanna bash Jurassic Park, I love that one too; it’s just Ryan is the better one.

Saving Private Ryan is a better shot movie, but I think Jurassic Park works everywhere else. It has better written story, great acting, complex and layered characters, and still ends up being endlessly entertaining and iconic. So JP wins here

Private Ryan may be longer but it is better made