Schindler's List vs. Jurassic Park

8 comments

9 comments

Spielberg 93 vs. Spielberg 93. JP is pretty but hollow. Schindler's List is affecting in alot of parts but borders on the maudlin in others. It's more elegantly photographed, though, and holds up better on repeated viewings. Once you've seen JP's dinosaurs a dozen times, all you're left with is paper-thin characters, and a deus ex machina beyond belief.

Quite a showdown. A fairly easy call for me though, and it's for dinosaurs. Schindler's List is an excellent film. It's an important film. I've seen it. I will probably never watch it again. But I'd seen suffering in movies before. I'd seen the devices it used, and a couple of them seemed a little hackneyed. Jurassic Park is a pure entertainment. But it's a superlative one. The special effects; the dinosaurs were alive onscreen in a way nobody had seen before. The staging, the suspense; Spielberg working at the top of his form as a popular artist. It displays a mastery of film craft that continues to impress me.

"Schindler's List" holds up better, I have to say. Liam Neeson and Ralph Fiennes were both great, and the stark black & white look was very effective. Still, I'm going with "JP." I see more flaws each time I re-watch it, but it's highly quotable and has my favorite of John Williams's scores.

hmm... the real question here is simple: Jews or Dinosaurs? Which would you rather see in concentration camps? Well, I'll choose the dinosaurs because I'm not a racist.

Both are great films. But in this case, I'll mainly vote based on what I'd repeat viewing.

I always preferred Jurassic Park to Schindler's List. Purely for the entertainment value and visual effects.

Tough one, but I'm gonna have to give this to Schindler's List.

Sorry everyone, but I had to.

Very had choise.

Eh... tough call.. For now I'll go with Jurassic park because of the adventure factor.

Nostalgia and overall enjoyment make this a fairly easy victory for Jurassic Park in this battle of 1993 Spielberg classics.

jurassic park it is

Schindler's List was fantastic, an masterpiece, but i really love JP a bit more. Schindler's List is my #10, now my #11.

Not even close for me. Schindler is just dull and boring...

Ok I was so so wrong schindler's list gets the win here.

Schindler's List is probably better, but I choose JP for the nostalgia.

My favorite Spielberg action/adventure movie vs his best historical drama. Having only seen Shindler's List once, I'm going with Jurassic Park for now, but that's likely to change after repeated viweings, considering how I start crying just by thinking about Shindler's List

Wait... Jurassic Park is winning? It's in my top 70 because of its sense of wonder, likeable characters and exciting sequences but it's up against SCHINDLER'S LIST! I understand nostalgia and pure entertainment plays a part in these match ups, which is fine, I do it too sometimes, but Park has nothing on List. Schindler's List is simply powerful. It never fails to bring a tear to my eye, yet it haunts and inspires me.

Spielberg was working overtime back in 1993 to spread the elite agenda. Unfortunately, these films earned a lot of money and an entire generation of people was fooled by their lies...

ear
ear

Very hard choice but I lean towards Jurrasic Park.

Schindler's List stomps.

I much prefer Schindler's List.

Jurassic Park, even though Schindler’s list is good