Hellboy vs. Batman Begins

3 comments

7 comments

Superhero vs. Superhero. Hmm. I liked TDK better than BB, but Hellboy is more my homeboy than Batman in BB.

Tough choice. I'm siding with Batman in this situation. I loved the Hellboy asthetic, but ultimately I think that Batman Begins is the superior film.

Two of the greatest minds in cinema. Hellboy was visually great, but Batman Begins had more substance. Batman Begins

I'm not a fan of Batman Begins at all. Hellboy is more like my cup of tea.

With MysticSpoon here, wasn't that much of a fan of Batman but loved the look and atmosphere of Hellboy.

"...not a fan [...] at all" was maybe too harsh, but I still think it's Christopher Nolan weakest film. Cheesy dialogue that didn't belong there, poorly filmed action, inconsistent Batman voice (more of a nitpick, I know), special effects that don't hold up and I didn't like the silly gas subplot. Hellboy is one of the few superhero films out there that truly feels like a comic book. Yeah the dialogue is schmaltzy, yeah the plot is pretty simplistic, but, eh, y'know...Kroenen, dude. It's fun.

Batman Begins is better in every way.

Really like hellboy. Beautiful visuals and Guillermo del Toro is an amazingly talented director no doubt, but nolan is god and batman begins wins this battle easily.

Hellboy is one of the most visually stunning comic book movies. But I really couldn’t connect with it. It was just very... soulless. Batman Begins is a great balance of soul and filmmaking!

ear
ear

Hellboy was visually interesting but it never grabbed me in like Batman Begins.

hellboy is bad goofy movie, batman begins is overrated but good batman movie