Pan's Labyrinth vs. Hellboy

14 comments

3 comments

Oh heck. Well, you know, Hellboy is arguably more FUN to watch, and is probably more likely to get repeat viewings from me, but damn, if Pan's Labyrinth wasn't a piece of genius. This is really hard. Labyrinth is a better movie, really, I suppose.

Hellboy more fun to watch? Uh, no. Hellboy II, maybe. But not Hellboy. Pan's Labyrinth has both style and substance. Hellboy is a little lacking in both. Pan's Labyrinth, without a moment's hesitation.

JRM
JRM

I loved both these movies, but Pan's Labyrinth was on a whole other level. Now that I think about it, I haven't seen Hellboy 2. Gotta fix that.

Hellboy was a relatively unparalleled disappointment for me. I'd only seen one other film of Guillermo del Toro's at the time, which just so happened to be Pan's Labyrinth, and to call it a favorite would be an understatement, as it came to rest at second place all-time on my list. By comparison, Hellboy seemed watered down. If it were not for Hellboy II: The Golden Army and The Devil's Backbone, I'd've started to think of Pan's Labyrinth as some sort of wondrous anomaly. Luckily, it's not.

I really liked Pan's,but I love Hellboy. so...

Del Toro, the man is a certified genius. Hellboy is good, but Pan's Labyrinth is the pinnacle of his work so far.

I like both of these movies, but I have to give the nod to Pan's Labyrinth for the story it tells. The visuals on both films are fantastic. . .

Hellboy I can watch over and over again, but the story in Pan's Labryinth was phenomenal. Tough choice, but I Pan.

Helloy was cool and fun but feels like a marvel movie where Pan felt fresh and original.Pans Labyrith wins

I enjoyed Hellboy, but Labyrinth is one of the greatest films I've ever seen, easily Del Toro's opus.

Hellboy could been the better hero but it mostly can do of Pan's Labyrinth saw one of interest impressive of can do on to that

Hellboy takes it easily, next to all the way. Toro's masterpiece by far.

I STILL have not revisited Pan. But I vote for it with less hesitation these days.

Pan's Labyrinth is brilliant in every manner. The way in which del Toro used the fantasy world as a way of contrasting the harshness of the real world made for one of the most emotionally driven films of the last decade! Hellboy is.....okay

Pan's Labyrinth is a pure stroke of genius. As much as I like Hellboy, Pan's Labyrinth takes this in a landslide.

Please don't make me choose

ear
ear

Pan's Labyrinth is the superior film.

I have never been able to get into the first Hellboy (although I love 2). Pan's Labyrinth takes an easy W.