Pan's Labyrinth vs. The Empire Strikes Back

5 comments

9 comments

Empire is a big part of my childhood. Labyrinth is frikkin' brilliant filmmaking. Tough choice, really.

Indeed they are both masterpieces, but 'The Empire Strikes Back' was my favorite movie during my childhood and still remains one of my top ten today.

I think Pan's Labyrith is the best movie, but Empire is still Empire, you know? And I tend to choose my lighthearted favourites over the heavier stuff I'd normally consider the best one...

Pan's labyrinth is a really good movie and leaves you thinking about it. Alot more than Empire would and plus the fantasy is so much better in del toros vision.

JRM
JRM

I think Pan's has a lot more going for it than Empire, and that's saying a lot.

@terje: You know, I agree with you, I really do. My Flickchart is primarily based around this premise: Which movie would I rather watch right now? As such, a lot of universally acclaimed movies are low on my list simply because I would never, ever choose to watch them again. (Requiem for a Dream comes immediately to mind as a perfect example; it might be a great film, technically, that does exactly what it sets out to do, but it made me feel like crap, so...) BUT...I've fallen out of love with Star Wars. It's a sad, tragic fact, and I blame Lucas, at least partly. THAT SAID, though, I still go with Empire, at least until I give Labyrinth another viewing. (Oh, and by the way, Pan's Labyrinth is an incredibly heavy movie, but, unlike the aforementioned Requiem, it did not make me feel like crap after I watched it. I have heavy movies in my Top 20....)

JRM
JRM

I think Flickchart's more like, "which movie did I like better". I don't put too much thought into the technical aspects of film when I choose a favorite. I simply like a movie more than another.

I may get some flack from my friends for this, if they ever find it, but Pan's Labyrinth is the better film.

ooooooooooooooooouch.... such a hard choice...

So hey, it's like a fairytale, except it's DARK and BLOODY adnd blabahblah blah blshsk blah. star wars.

Empire wins oh so easily i really hate Pan's Labyrinth... no offense to the fans of it.

Pan's Labyrinth is the better film, but I'd rather watch Empire. Both are cinematic masterpieces.

I don't like Pans, it was not intersing for me, but ESB crushes in my (opinion)

i don't much care about star wars, but empire is definitely my favorite of them. i'll take el laberinto pretty easily