Pan's Labyrinth vs. The Dark Knight

14 comments

15 comments

The superior adult fantasy film must be PAN'S LABYRINTH. The other one is the most over-hyped mainstream blockbuster since TITANIC.

Pan's Labyrinth is brilliant. So's The Dark Knight. I prefer TDK.

The best fantasy film of all time versus the best super-hero film of all time? Fantasy by the smallest of margins.

I enjoyed The Dark Night, and appreciate the effect it will hopefully have on future comic-book adaptations--but I still think Pan's Labyrinth is one of the best and most enthralling movies I've seen.

Hold up Guillermo...I'm a let u finish...but The Dark Knight is one of the best films of all time!

Dark Knight is awesome but it only really has a few key scenes, Pans Labyrinth I can watch so many times. It just has a great story and great effects too.

Guillermo del Toro. I think that about says it all.

JRM
JRM

ARRGGH. The Dark Knight, though Pan's Labyrinth is in my top 6.

Comic book vs. fairy tale, two of my great loves, and both movies at the top of their game... Pan's Labyrinth though, it doesn't contain those thirty pointless minutes.

Once i rate more flicks Pan's Labyrinth will be on my top 5 TDK will under it...i love both films,but PL is just amazing.

Gotta go with The Dark Knight. Pan's Labyrinth is still amazing though.

I love both but The Dark Knight is incredibly entertaining.

I don't see many valid things that can be compared between the two, but Pan's Labyrinth is definitely higher on my list.

Two of my favorite films, both with similar dark themes but very different in execution and environment, with each containing a memorable villain. Dark Knight takes it, but just barely, as I couldn't help but scream "you little MORON!" at the screen when she ate the food at the table, knowing what the consequences would be and even at the constant warnings by the two fairies. JUST WALK OUT WITH THE DAGGER!!! The Dark Knight for the "Non-dumbass" win!

Pan's Labyrinth for me, as much as i love the dark knight, Pan's is the better movie, it's beautiful, multi-layered, has so much depth and blew me away even more, and the fact that it had less then a sixth of the budget that the dark knight did is a prime example how the story is the most important thing

TDK for me. Tough decision. Both or great...one was just a bit better...

Seb
Seb

really liked pans labyrinth, loved the dark knight

The Dark Knight- and I'm not having any second thoughts.

The Dark Knight, Pan's is good but all of it's metaphors are so on the nose, and for an allegorical film that's not good.

The Dark Knight opened my eyes as to what cinema can truly achieve. It will always be number one for me, even above the amazing Pans Labyrinth

Pan's Labyrinth loses this match up, but it's really, really good, still.

pan's labyrinth is not my kinda move but i surprisingly still liked it .although not as much as the dark knight.

Pan's Labyrinth is a masterpiece, it does have some budget problems with its effects, but overall it's a very effective film. The Pale Man scene where Ofelia eats the two grapes, and constantly get bombarded with warnings is plot hole in my opinion. It contradicts common logic, and I think it was just a way to awaken the Pale Man and thrill us all. The Dark Knight wins for me because it takes the riveting drama of Pan's Labyrinth and multiplies it by 10.

The two greatest movies ever made... Filled with amazing, memorable performances and moments. Believe it or not, The Dark Knight loses this matchup. Pan's Labyrinth is just that damn good.

Pan's

Pans labyrinth

Del Toro.

Cool, a 15-12 Pan!

Wow, this is hard. TDK wins for me.

the dark knight is great, but el laberinto is incredible

Pan's labyrinth as it is more real , heartfelt and visionary than strongly scripted and marvelously acted "Dark knight"

Pan's Labyrinth for me. TDK is a great movie though!

Dark Knight..

The Dark Knight, by far.

pans for me love TDK aswell