Pan's Labyrinth vs. Batman Begins

5 comments

2 comments

Batman Begins, while a good time, largely relies on action movie standards filtered through a dreary haze. In terms of creativity and story engagement Pan's Labryinth blows it out of the water

Two protagonists using creature-based fantasy to escape troubling family issues... Del Toro's vision exceeds Nolan's. Batman Begins is good, but it fizzles in comparison to the magnificence that is Pan's Labyrinth. I agree about the originality of Pan, and that Batman is retreading well-trodden paths. A crucial distinction.

I'm probably in the minority here, but I wasn't terribly fond of either of these pictures.

ear
ear

The originality of Pan almost seals my choice but if I could only take one film for my permanent collection Batman Begins would be my choice.

Batman Begins is a good movie. Pan's Labyrinth is a masterpiece. Pan wins for me.

Pan's. Fucking. Labyrinth.

I'm going to go with Batman on this one. Don't get me wrong, pan was good, but it was a little too grounded in the Spanish Civil War plotline for me. It was a good movie, just no Batman.

For me, it's Batman Begins all the way.

Batman Begins is a very great movie. Still, Pan's Labyrinth wins this one easily.