Yojimbo vs. Seven Samurai

1 comments

8 comments

Whoa, Nellie! This is, like, the complete opposite of "giant douche" and "turd sandwich". This one separates the men from the boys. This one'll put some hair on your chest. Yojimbo is about as badass as cinema gets. But how effing marvelous is Seven Samurai? How do I choose? "Hey, buddy! Would you rather have a bazillion dollars or a bagillion?" "I dunno." I dunno, either.

Fun (for me, anyway) fact: This'll be my 42000th ranking, whenever I decide to choose one.

Seven Samurai is Kurosawa's masterpiece and arguably the benchmark of Eastern Cinema

Seven Samurai is very good, but it is far too long and has a tendency to drag. Yojimbo is leaner, meaner, and just plain better.

Seven Samurai is Kurosawa's masterpiece. Sorry Yojimbo...

Yojimbo is a very delightful film, but Seven Samurai is an epic, a classic and a masterpiece.

"Seven Samurai" is fantastic and at such a length, is truly engrossing in its variation of character personalities. Each of the seven samurai are memorable in their own sense, none more so than Shimura's Kambei for me. However, I am siding with "Yojimbo".

Both are elite movies, but Seven Samurai has the edge because of it's better character development, plot development and seriousness. Although Yojimbo is meant to be a comedy I find it's a little too silly at times and I feel that Seven Samurai is funnier. Seven Samurai has that perfect balance between seriousness and comedy that makes it great.

I love both of these films but I have to pick Seven Samurai.

Yojimbo is in my top 50, but seven samurai is in my top 10.