The Green Mile vs. Apollo 13

5 comments

4 comments

My two favorite Tom Hanks movies. Both Top 20 material. Tough, but I choose Apollo 13.

Definitely Green Mile. It was the first movie that made me cry, at the part when Percy doesn't wet the sponge for Michael Jeter's character on purpose, because he wanted to see what would happen. I couldn't believe that a person could do that to another human being. Plus, Sam Rockwell is super-awesome.

This is exactly why I love Flickchart. I had to think long and hard about this one...but the answer is Green Mile. Wow...one of my toughest battles yet...

JRM
JRM

This is actually an easy one for me. I do think Apollo 13 is a very fine film, but The Green Mile has great emotional moments that I still think about to this day.

The Green Mile is hurt by its running time, and enough so that Apollo 13 has to be my choice here.

Great match up. I have to go with Apollo 13.

Love both films but Green mile wins. love its originality and emotion-also sad we lost some key actors from the film to soon.

This isn't as hard as you think. Schmaltzy corn-syrup tailor made for your totally predictable emotions, or actual history?

Tom vs Hank. Apollo 13 is based on a true story, and with that said I knew the ending. The Green Mile the ending is not foreseen and the overall content causes one to reflect on the issues for years to come.