The Dark Knight Rises vs. The Godfather Part III

9 comments

2 comments

Two very well made threequels. I know what I am doing, but I am going with Godfather 3.

No one in TDKR drags down the film like Coppola's daughter does for GFIII.

She runs the entire experience. If they had gotten a proper actor for that role such as Winona Ryder, then it would've been a perfectly delivered role.

Part III is criminally underrated, but Rises still wins.

Ruins*

Two of the head shaking disappoints of all-time. Both franchises should have stopped after number two. Still, Pacino > Bale

Dark Knight is a sensational way to cap off the best trilogy to ever come out of comic book films. A triumph of filmmaking and yet another reason why Warner Bros need to give Nolan the majority shares in their company.

TDKR is a bad film any way you cut it and worthy of the "curse of number three" and The Godfather III is also a terrible addition to that curse.

The Dark Knight Rises was all hype, it didn't deliver what I fully expected. I enjoyed it, but that wore off in a few days. I loved Godfather 3 (except Coppola's daughter)

I enjoy both films but I prefer rises. Sofia Coppola wasn't good at all but she didn't ruin the film for me, the film just kept dragging. Andy Garcia saved the movie for me, he stole every scene he was in.

i love when people say the dark knight rises is overrated, cause it is! But anyway, im picking it instead of part 3

Both are disappointing. I'll go Dark Knight Rises because it don't has Coppola's daughter.

The Dark Knight Rises is an excellent third installment that is just as good as the first two while The Godfather Part III was a huge dip in quality from the first two excellent films.

The Godfather Part 3, while a very flawed movie, is a good ending to a great trilogy. It's well shot, well edited, with good acting (overall), and continues the themes of the first two movies without fucking them up too much. Now, the ending of part 3 could have done some work, but whatever. I think that last point is why I love Part 3 over Rises. Rises is way too thematically muddled. It tried to do too much and unfortunately wasn't able to pull it off as well. That, along with the huge plot holes. However, Rises is undoubtedly the better movie in my opinion.

TDKR, pretty easy for me. The Godfather Part III was greater than it's reputation though