The Dark Knight Rises vs. The Intouchables

6 comments

2 comments

intouchables

The other one that everyone hates.

Intouchables was a charming but very "safe" film, treating its complex issues with kid gloves. THE DARK KNIGHT RISES was a balls to the walls, dramatically rich, nuanced and overall spectacular piece of film making that elevated the CBM genre and destroyed the curse associated with the trilogies that have become associated with it in a way that no third installment has been able to accomplish before or since.

INTOUCHABLES? 'Was that? Some French movie? NOLAN NOLAN NOLAN NOLAN NOLAN NOLAN NOLAN NOLAN NOLAN NOLAN. He destroyed the comic book curse, he slapped Marvel in the face and made it kiss his ass, he is as handsome as you can imagine, he elevated the level of film to a new level! He's the new Francis Ford Coppola, he's the new Stanley Kubrick, he's the new Martin Scorsese, he's the new Alfred Hitchcock, he's the new messiah! Curse Marvel, curse Tim Burton, curse Frank Miller, curse Adam West, curse all French films that I haven't seen! All hail Christopher Nolan, for he is the true king of cinema! Ave! Ave! Ave!

Rises, though Intouchables is certainly very charming and heartwarming.

Rises. Intouchables is overrated, and boring.

ear
ear

Two great films but I give Dark Knight Rises the edge.

The Intouchables is on my top 5, there are many excellent independiente films

The Dark Knight Rises is really good but can't touch The Intouchables

I enjoyed much more Intouchables than The Dark Knight Rises, Intouchables is in my top 5.

The DKR gets the edge, but both are fantastic...