A Clockwork Orange vs. Requiem for a Dream

9 comments

1 comments

Clint > Ludwig?

i vote Requiem for a Dream

Old school f'd up Vs. New school f'd up. I have to go new school.

Requiem for a Dream is the most heavy-handed, cliched take on a movie about drugs ever made.

An ironic pair. They areso close to each other, at #4 and #6, on my Top 50 favourite films list. I won't say which is which. It's better that way.

ear
ear

I love both these films for their innovative and provocative ways of telling a compelling and revealing story about our darker nature. Both films are about addictions and how lives are destroyed or altered by their abuse. Clockwork Orange deals with gratuitous sex and violence and the numbing of its effect on modern day street thugs. Requiem deals with the downward spiral of drug abuse. Both films are well acted and brilliant. I give a slight edge to Orange because it's a a little more honest.

Clockwork Orange.

Two graphic and unforgettable films. Going with Kubrick over Aronofsky.

ACO by a mile.

A Clockwork Orange.

Sex.

A Clockwork Orange

The old ultraviolent.

This is so hard! Both films took cinematic experimental leaps that I can appreciate, but Requiem will have to win it for me

Clockwork Orange for sure. I couldn't watch Requiem For A Dream, i turned it off halfway through because i was deeply shocked by the material i was seeing. A Clockwork Orange was disturbing to me but i enjoyed it so i kept watching whilst i didn't enjoy Requiem For A Dream so Clockwork Orange wins