Big Trouble in Little China vs. Tremors

3 comments

4 comments

Surely these are the two greatest B-Movies of all time. I dare not hazard a choice.

Tremors. Grew up on both of these (my mom tells me that as a youngster, I used to tell her to put "Jack" on), and Lord knows I love John Carpenter, but it's Kevin Bacon fighting man-eating worm-things. How can you not love that? You'd have to be insane not to like that movie. But yeah, Tremors wins, but only by a bit. My Flickchart has Tremors at 236 and Big Trouble at 248. Tremors by a nipple-hair, folks.

I'll go the opposite way, if also by a hair. Both movies are fantastic fun...

Big Trouble Little China has been a guilty pleasure of mine for years! Gotta go with Russell/Carpenter on this one.

Kurt Russell's performance in Big Trouble in Little China is one of my all-time favorites, yet I'm not crazy about the movie itself. Tremors, on the other hand, is practically a classic. WATCH OUT FOR THEM GRABOIDS!

Easily BTiLC. Tremors is okay, but I don't quite see the cult hit a lot of other people are seeing. It's fun, but hardly hilarious or all that memorable for that matter. I probably watched it too late, because I can imagine this being a nostalgic as hell movie for many people. I don't need nostalgia to enjoy BTiLC though, that movie is all kinds of ridiculous fun.

Two cult movies. As with most cult movies, you'll either get them or you won't. Tremors succeeds on its own merits better than Big Trouble does, though.

I saw Tremors once back in the '90s, and then again today. Liked it better than Big Trouble, which I only saw for the first time about a year ago. Kurt Russell is pretty great in it, though.