Spider-Man 3 vs. Spider-Man 2

2 comments

18 comments

No. Contest. Whatsoever.

Yes, this is one of the easiest choices I've made recently.

Yeah no contest. Part 3 is absolutely horrible from start to finish.

Easy.

JRM
JRM

Spider-Man 3 was an absolute mess.

Spider-Man 2 was a thrilling story with some amazing insight into the character of Spidey/Peter Parker. Spider-Man 3 basically threw stuff at a wall and went with what stuck. Spider-Man 2 wins.

How did Raimi make a 2nd film so much better than the 1st, and yet somehow make a 3rd that's far worse than either?

I don't get the hate. Spidey 3 was easily the best of the trilogy and easily one of the best superhero movies I've seen. Sure, this isn't Christopher Reeve's Superman but Spidey 3 was incredible! I don't see many movies twice in theatres but I saw this in theatres not once, not twice, but three times. Absolutely amazing film. Spider-Man 1 was fun, Spider-Man 2 was better, Spider-Man 3 made me jizz in my pants. Out of the 3,000 ratings I have done on this site, this is among the easiest of choices.

Don't really like either much, but Spidey 3 was 100x worse. Exhibit A: the dance scene.

ear
ear

Spider-man 2 was the best Spidey of the series.

I liked the third somewhat, but the second totally blows it away.

Neither one was as good as the first one...not nearly enough Willem Dafoe

I believe that if you take out Venom you would get a better film.

Spider-Man 3 is a total mess, but it's still a more enjoyable mess than most other movies. Still, its predecessor was too damn good to ignore.

spider man 3 better

Ha ha ha very funny

The third one was far worst of the lot, the second part was far far best on every way.

Spider-Man 2 is far the superior film, Spider-Man 3 is beyond the most disappointing one of the worst films ever, Spider-Man 2 wins by far.

Spider-Man 3 is very underrated these days. It's not perfect obviously, but the action scenes, soundtrack, and the emotional moments are all great. Still though, Spider-Man 2 is obviously better, and still reigns supreme as the best Spider-Man movie.

Spider-Man 3 is still the worst Spider-Man movie, Spider-Man 2 is the third best live-action Spider-Man movie and the best of the trilogy

While I am a staunch defender of Spider-Man 3 and maintain that it is nowhere near as bad as everyone keeps saying it is, it definitely has its flaws, whereas Spider-Man 2 (to me, at least) is still one of the best live-action superhero movies ever made.

The way Doc Ock talked to his tentacles seemed like a rehash of Norman Osborn talking to his Green Goblin mask but at least SM2 didn't squander Venom.

I don't love Spider-Man 2 that much but at least it didn't contradict an important plot line from the first movie