Spider-Man 3 vs. The Amazing Spider-Man

8 comments

10 comments

Though Raimi's Spider-man 1&2 beat Webb's reboot, The Amazing Spider-man takes the cake here. Easily.

Spiderman 3 isn't as bad as Batman & Robin, and TASM isn't as good as Batman Begins. Still, the new film is substantially better.

Spider-Man 3 is actually the better film. It did more right than wrong and what was right is far better than anything in ASM because they played everything safe. The limited budget for ASM showed as well.

Amazing Spider-Man. I wish that Spider-Man 3 didn't exist.

new is better

The Amazing Spider-Man definitely wins for me. Spider-Man 3 is underrated but not as good as Webb's Spider-Man.

They're both pretty close for me in terms of being heavily flawed but solid Spider-Man films, but I'll give the slight edge to Amazing for Garfield and Stone's chemistry.

An edge for Spider-Man 3. To me, making a Spider-Man film that completely got the tone wrong is worse than a Spider-Man film that has some flaws but is still enjoyable. Raimi is a way better director than Marc Webb anyway. Neither are as bad as TASM2 (easily one of the worst superhero films in years), but Spider-Man 3 at least had some sort of heart and care put into it. The Amazing Spider-Man was a soulless, almost scene-for-scene remake of the first film.

A steaming pile of crap vs mediocre Spider-Man movie.....I'll let you decide which is which.

Spider-Man 3 is NOT a bad film. Period. Certainly overcrowded with plenty of flaws but Raimi makes it work overall. Whereas Amazing Mis-Stepman is pure crap despite casting the perfect Gwen.

TASM is average but SM3 is pure garbage

They're both undeniably flawed, but SM3 still has that Raimi charm to it that puts it way ahead of TASM for me.

Spider-Man 3 is terrible, it has non of the charm of the first two movies. God knows how long has it been since a movie has shit on it's first two movies like Spider-Man 3, I know Raimi is not the one to be blamed though. Webb's first Spider-Man isn't bad, just mediocre, it's sequel, which is the actual bad one, certainly gave the first movie a worse reception.

Spidey 3 'does' have the same charm of the first two. Gods knows it's not perfect, but it's still a good movie, and I'm tired of pretending it's not. The Webb films might not be the worst superhero movies I've ever seen, but they do almost nothing for me.

Spider-Man 3 has never worked for me. I hated it. It is still the worst Spider-Man movie for me, with Amazing Spider-Man 2 as a close second place. As for Amazing Spider-Man, it took me a long time to admit it but I do like it more than even the first Spider-Man, obviously not better than Spider-Man 2 but if it’s better than Spider-Man 1, no question it’s better than Spider-Man 3.

(Forgot to mention: Spidey 3 also has one of my favorite moments in the entire trilogy, i.e. the scene where J. Jonah Jameson has to take his pills)

as i remained marc is more favored rather than third

I would rather take a movie that did nothing for me than a movie that I have really hated for a long time.

"Amazing" Spider-Man isn't really amazing at all, but it's much better than Spider-Man 3

spider-man 3 isn't bad but it was really a disaster how they adapted my favorite villain Venom I'm really happy that the amazing spider man was very good