Spider-Man 3 vs. The World Is Not Enough

0 comments

6 comments

Both movies were pretty bad for their respective franchise, but I would have to give the edge to The World is Not Enough. The deciding factor was Denise Richards as a Bond girl.

I agree that neither of these are the cinema highlights for their iconic main characters. It's funny that you give the edge to The World Is Not Enough because of Denise Richards. She's nice to look at, but she's pretty laughable in this film. Of course, I really don't like Kirsten Dunst either, so I guess that balances out. Anyway, like you, I'll go with 007 here, but if it was either of the first two Spider-Man films this wouldn't even be a discussion.

Actually, for me, TWINE is a bit of a guilty pleasure. (I prefer both GoldenEye and Tomorrow Never Dies in the Brosnan Bond films, though.) I like it, and don't really think it was a misstep at all...except for Denise Richards. She's the one thing that comes close to derailing it. Meanwhile, I'm just never going to be able to forgive the assassination of the Venom character in Spider-Man 3. The movie suffered from that classic comic book movie mistake of including too many villains. Had they stuck with just Sandman and completing James Franco's arc as the New Goblin, and saved Venom for Spider-Man 4, where they could have given him his proper due, I think the movie could have been better. I would even have been okay with an ever-annoying sequel setup at the end of the film.

Christmas Jones is a throwback to the Roger Moore era, but she's no worse than a villain whose gimmick is a bullet in his head gave him superhuman limits. Plus, I loved Sophie Marceau in this movie, and feel Brosnan was at his best as Bond.

The World Is Not Enough

This is my second favorite of the 90's Bond's behind GoldenEye of course. I really don't mind World is not Enough. Easy winner here.

I thought Spider-Man 3 was average and can understand the hate but I love TWINE and I can understand the hate for that movie as well.