Live and Let Die vs. Diamonds Are Forever

5 comments

1 comments

Moores first Bond surpasses Connerys last official Bond

Bondathon continues...: Live and Let Die vs Diamonds Are Forever. Yeah...Live and Let Die isn't that great. In fact, it's not very good. I had a hard time understanding what the hell was going on most of the time. That and the movie is just boring. The movie does have some highlights though; 'Live and Let Die' by Paul McCartney and Wings is an incredibly catchy song, and the boat chase is very well done (although I wish there was no J.W. Pepper character during that sequence...sigh, really?). So which one is better? Moore's first or Connery's last (official)? I think LaLD is a little better; it doesn't have a borderline annoying Bondgirl like DAF has, it feels less like a mess and isn't AS campy. Next up: The Man with the Golden Gun.

Mr Kidd & Mr Wint > anything in LALD

All hail Roger Moore! In Live and Let Die, Roger Moore injected some new life into the James Bond character. I get that Sean Connery is considered the "best" 007 but, let's face it, Diamonds Are Forever made it obvious that Sean Connery had worn out his welcome as Bond. A new James Bond was much needed and Moore filled the role nicely. But, even without that upgrade in the lead role, Live and Let Die is still the better Bond film. It has the better story and the more interesting villians. Oh, and Jane Seymour is a serious contender for the hottest Bond girl ever. Yum. The one big negative of the movie has to be the participation of one Sheriff J.W. Pepper. Whose bright idea was it to put that character in the film? I understand that comic relief has its merits but, damn, all that guy managed to do was mess up the whole tone of the movie. He, however, was the only real big drawback of the film. Live and Let Die was a nice little "comeback" for the Bond series after the crapfest that was Diamonds Are Forever.

This is one of the very few times (maybe only time) that a Moore film beats a Connery film

Diamonds Are Forever is more enjoyable, I actually really like it. Also J.W. Pepper is worse than anything in DAF.

I do like DAF but Jill St. John annoys me and she not that sexy.