Iron Man 3 vs. The Avengers

5 comments

14 comments

I'm not sure if Iron Man 3 will beat Avengers. But I'm excited for it nonetheless.

Avengers, i gave Avengers 4 stars and IM3 3 1/2, both are fun but IM3 was quite underwhelming but benefits from better cinematography and Shane Black's quirks

Avengers is one of the best movies of 2012. It certainly lives up to the high standards of classic preceding superhero flicks as a fun, enjoyable and quotable movie with great chemistry. Iron Man 3 has terrible twists, uninteresting characters and an entire anxiety subplot that is just completely useless.

Avengers set the bar in terms of the Marvel movies which will now precede it,Iron Man 3 is the best example of a movie which didn't live up to the hype.The subplot and rather dull twist are the reason why Iron Man 3 is indeed a fail.Ups to Robert Downey Jr though for yet again delivering a stand out performance.

I avoided most of the hype, and loved Iron Man 3. Not as much as The Avengers, but I had a lot of fun. So Avengers wins here but Iron Man 3 is by no means a fail in my eyes.

Avengers is still better but Iron Man 3 is a masterful sequel.

I agree with Ethan8.

The Avengers is still superior....but Iron Man 3 delivered on all levels.

I'm giving this round to the Avengers, but boy was I a happy camper leaving the theater last night after IM3. I was so disappointed after the second film, so expectations weren't as high as they were for Avengers.

Despite how much I like iron Man 3, The Avengers has a special place in superhero movie history. That, and it's a better film.

I didn't like The Avengers all that much, it's too many superheroes crammed into one film with inadequate characterization of the minor ones, an appalling gaumlessness from Scarlett Johansson (Cobie can kick her ass), a lame villain, and an even lamer plot/climax. And yet the inclusion of so much Marvel-ness in one film is in itself enough to trump a singular Marvel adaption with an even lamer villain and a convoluted plot.

Well,i'll have to agree 100% with consp77 here guys. Joss Whedon is a astonishing director that made the impossible,possible: A "Avengers" movie that doesn't seem like a ridiculous costume festival,with surprisingly good n' well written lines that made this flick action-packed, funny n' entertaining. But dude,really. When it comes to the MAJOR plot,storyline wise,c'mon! It's Gods and Aliens invading New York on a story arc that REALLY look like a certain Michael Bay movie. It's way HARDER to make a Avengers movie,i get it. But it could have a better plot, and i really think it will on the next entry,'cause Thanos really kicks major ass.

Avengers is a lot more fun

I really liked Iron Man 3, but The Avengers probably takes it.

This is a tough choice, they are both great movies. I will probably go The Avengers just for the fact of putting a bunch of Marvel superheroes together, but IM3 was the best Iron Man of the 3

Iron Man 3, while not perfect, had a very meaningful story, whereas the Avenger just had stuff that kinda happened.

Iron Man 3 is the only MCU film I've left the cinema disappointed with - yeah, that twist really does implode the movie - and so it's actually my least favourite in the MCU (haven't seen Thor: The Dark World yet). Maybe I'm being harsh, but regardless, very little in the MCU beats the Avengers.

Iron Man 3 for actually having a plot.

Great films. I'm amazed that this is a battle of the billion dollar box office club. Who would have ever thought that in 1999???

Avengers is the best but Iron Man 3 is very underrated. It gets better on repeated viewings for me.

Yay avengers????????????

The Avengers is a classic, man!

Surprised by the amounts of votes Iron Man 3 has, thought it was considered disappointing as a follow-up to Avengers