The Muppet Christmas Carol vs. The Muppets Take Manhattan

0 comments

3 comments

The last Jim Henson-headed film against the first one made with his son, it really is a hard choice. Though both of them are a delight, "Manhattan" employed an easier surrounding for the characters to interact in while the Dickensian backdrop gave a harder time for their type of humor and style.

While The Muppet Christmas Carol is something of a cult classic, I found it to be a bit bland. It felt decidedly un-Muppet like and ultimately unnecessary. The Muppets Take Manhattan is one of the best Muppet films yet (only topped by the 2011 reboot), with wonderfully catchy songs, clever gags, and a big heart. Not even close.

Well,i wouldn't really compare 2011 Muppets with any of those,but a opinion is a opinion. "The Muppets Take Manhattan " is,like in said on another review, a movie that has ALL the things a Muppet movie should have. Christmas Carol is not THAT far off, 'cause it's another great Muppets flick,but overall...Manhattan takes it here.

Probably Manhattan, but both are great!

Apart from the first song on the Christmas Carol, I'm not really into it. Take Manhattan is easier to get going.