Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory vs. Little Shop of Horrors

5 comments

2 comments

Two of the greatest musical movies ever made. I'd call it a tough decision...but Audrey 2 is to much of a mean green mother from outer space.

Although a talking plant is very very funny and in a way creepy I like Willy Wonka more. Gene Wilder is amazing, funny, and in a way rude. I love it!

This is a very difficult one for me. I love both movies equally and own both of them. And although Little Shop of Horrors has an all-star cast and is 10 times better then the jack nicholson original, I have to go with Willy Wonka. Gene Wilder is just a comedy genius and it shines in this movie

Much to love to the best horror musical about killer plants ever conceived, but Willy Wonka is a classic and a childhood favorite. I can't deny its magic.

What a difficult decision! This is hard, but I'm going with Willy Wonka although Audrey 2 is snapping at his heels. Musical comedies don't get any better than these two movies. Gene Wilder's performance in Wonka is one for the books and the journey he takes us on through the legendary chocolate factory is equal parts enchanting and eerie. Little Shop of Horrors doesn't have the classic status of Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, but to call it an inferior film would be a crime. In fact, I'd say it has aged into a better movie than it was when it premiered in 1986. The cast is a truly stellar blend and the puppetry at work down on Skid Row is some of the best I've ever seen.

Little Shop Of Horrors is one of my favorite movies ever. Um....so is Willy Wonka. Crap. I'm going to have to go with Willy on this one solely because Gene Wilder is amazing. Also, Pure Imagination is my favorite song from a movie ever.

Gene Wilder's performance as Willy Wonka is iconic. Little Shop of Horrors is fun, but it isn't a top 10 movie of all time like Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory.