The Empire Strikes Back vs. The Silence of the Lambs

18 comments

9 comments

Best Sequels Ever?

Sorry Silence, but Empire takes this one for sure.

2 classic films. But I'll have to go with the one that has the greatest plot twist ending of all time other than the Sixth Sense.

2 of my favorites, but Empire and all it's greatness beats out the just less great Silence of the Lambs.

JRM
JRM

The Silence of the Lambs is a stronger film, imo.

I have to give it to Silence of the Lambs. This is one I have to go to "Which would I watch right now?" For better or worse, it's Silence.

The Empire Strikes Back by a mile.

Both have some of the great on screen villains of our time, Darth Vader and Hannibal Lecter. Star Wars wins

Empire. Love Lambs, but this is the original trilogy we are talking about here...

Absolutely definitely Empire

Silence is an amazing thriller, but it can't beat The Empire Strikes Back.

I second that.............

Now we're talking. This is a tough matchup. Both are top 20 on my list. For me, Silence is probably the best psycho-thriller/horror film I've ever seen while Empire is the best of the original Star Wars trilogy. As a kid, Empire left a greater impact on me, but as a teenager, Silence stuck with me more. So, I have nostalgia with both. Tough choice, but I'm going with Silence.

I just watched Empire today and Silence last night so I can say with confidence that I prefer Star Wars. Two of my favorites though.

Silence of the Lambs was a good film, you can say that but against a classic like The Empire Strikes Back it loses miserably.

Lambs.

Give me some Lambs

ESB

I cant say no to Star Wars, unless it up against LOTR

Silence by a mile.

Silence of the lambs beats every star wars movie to date

Silence is one of my favourite thrillers but can I go against Empire?

Silence of the Lambs is awesome, Star Wars isn't...

ear
ear

Empire is hard to beat.........

The Silence of the Lambs>The Empire Strikes Back

Every Star Wars film is boring shit overrated, Silence of the Lambs is far better here...

Hannibal kills the stupid crap shit Darth Vader and Luke Skywalker on every level.

Silence is probably the better film, but Empire is more imaginative and is a childhood favorite...another win for the force.

The force doesn't stand a chance.