Bird Box vs. A Quiet Place

2 comments

8 comments

Two very similar movies plot-wise, but I think A Quiet Place is the slightly better movie.

Bird Box affected me on more on an emotional level. I never really cared about the characters in A Quiet Place. And I think by seeing the monsters in Place, it took away some of the scare value.

I think comparisons of the two films are actually rather superficial based on the sense element of their respective premises. A Quiet Place is entirely about directly surviving the film's "creature" while "Bird Box" is largely about group dynamics following a collapse/attack and only about 1/3 about avoiding the "creature". Ultimately I preferred "A Quiet Place" and think it's a more artfully crafted and interesting film. Both films benefit from very strong leading actress performances.

A Quiet Place is actually quite good unlike Bird Box. That is a crap experience that Netflix knows was crap and thus kicked the PR machine in to overdrive. It's all hype and piss poor delivery.

Rac
Rac

Both are pretty dumb, yet entertaining post-apocalyptic horrors, but I enjoyed the lovecraftian aspect of Bird Box.

A Quiet Place wins....

A Quiet Place was structured far better

Like both films but also disliked a lot of the story structures as well and both films have flaws that make them average at best, A Quiet Place is overall a better made movie in a lot of ways

A quiet place is superior despite not even being that good, it's worth a watch as even though it is flawed, it's a nice idea. Bird Box is just awful...nothing actually happens in the whole film, a bore-fest with literally no scare elements to it. Yawn.

ear
ear

A Quiet Place was less predictable and more terrifying but I was more emotionally involved with Bird Box. A Quiet Place is still the superior film .

Gravity, Pulp Fiction, Goodfellas, Forrest Gump, and Quiet Place are the most overrated films ever made. Bird Box isn't much better than QP, but at least it's not overrated. QP felt like a bunch of lazy filmmakers wanting to avoid writing a screenplay and knowing that they could put butts in seats because of Krasinski and Blunt. IMO anyone remotely involved with the making Quiet Place should be ashamed.