Monty Python and the Holy Grail vs. Back to the Future

3 comments

8 comments

hardest one yet!! what to do.

I love both, but Back To The Future is the winner here. The Holy Grail is funny, but Back To The Future has more than just comedy.

Holy Grail may be brilliantly funny, but Back to the Future is... Back to the Future! AAARGH

BACK TO THE FUTURE is one of the most overrated films in existence. It's cheesy, badly acted, is embarrassingly dated and the jokes are groaners. MONTY PYTHON AND THE HOLY GRAIL is -- pun intended -- the holy grail of movie comedy. If I could erase any franchise from movie history, BTTF would be on my short-list...

Both are splendid films, but 'Monty Python' has some of my favorite jokes ever.

Though I love Back to the Future, I will second the statement that it is overrated. Monty Python and the Holy Grail, however, is in a class of its own as far as comedy is concerned.

Reminds me when earlier I had to choose between Holy Grail and An American Werewolf in London. Both are funny, Holy Grail being the funnier one but which is the better film that has more to it than a good sense of humour? I find myself asking the same question this time. Im gonna have to choose Back To The Future

Two of the best comedies I've seen but BTTF is more watchable and gets better and better

Doc Brown, Marty McFly, and the Dolorean? Nuff said.

Holy Grail was very funny, but that can't beat Doc and Marty.

If both movies were vehicles, BTTF would be going 88 MPH, and Holy Grail would be going 87.99 MPH.

HG

Did not like monty python much