Aliens vs. Blade Runner

13 comments

13 comments

DAMMMMMMMMMMN

Alien bests Alien. Alien mops the floor with Blade Runner. Therefore, Aliens wins.

I prefer Alien to Aliens and Blade Runner is 1 spot ahead of that in my top 10.

ear
ear

I'm an Aliens kind of guy.

I love both of these but I have to go with Aliens.

I've never understood why Blade Runner ever achieved cult status. I thought it was OK but nothing special. Aliens, however, I get.

GET AWAY FROM HER YOU BITCH!!!! Gotta love that quote.

Going with Aliens. So much fun.

Aliens is a great thriller. Blade Runner blows me away to this day.

Blade Runner is a great work of art. It's dark and disturbing and transports the viewer into a curious and trippy future for human kind. Setting aside how it's such a disrespectful bastardization of the source material, objectively speaking Blade Runner is just a beautiful film. However, Blade Runner doesn't quite do what it says on the tin. Comparatively, Aliens promises certain things on the outset and it delivers precisely what it claims. It's a powerful story that's not confusing and involves several characters which the audience understands implicitly and we care about what's going on. Comparing Ripley's maternal instinct to whatever it was that motivated Deckard to amble from scene to scene.. i still don't know why Deckard was hunting his bounties. He didn't seem to believe replicants were as dangerous to the future of mankind as Ripley felt the aliens were a threat to her Newt. I just noticed I have Ridley Scott's Alien way down on my list too. I guess I just prefer James Cameron's more direct approach to storytelling. At least with regards to his earlier films.

I concur with ZachsMind's excellent analysis. The refreshing straightforwardness of Aliens sets it far above the more muddled Blade Runner.

It's all about dat Blade Runner. I'm all about shit blowing up, and I love the hell out of Aliens (this one's close, believe me), but Roy Batty's the bee's knees, you guys. What a great movie, and what a great "villain". "Time to die." beats "Game over, man! Game over!" any day.

Blade Runner all the way/

Aliensssss

Aliens in an easy, easy win over Blade Runner....

Love both, but Aliens for me. Blade Runner does effectively transport the viewer to a surreal environment though. But in the end, Aliens is just a better movie.

I love Aliens more.

Ridley is pretty much the god of atmospheric sci-fi. Blade Runner by far.

I echo ToryK; "Time to die" beats "game over man"! Both of these films are in my top 100, and it's taken a while for me to warm that much to Blade Runner, but it has really gone up in my estimations while Aliens has had to go down a few notches. I guess I just prefer atmospheric, cerebral Sci-Fi more than shit blowing up these days. Now, don't get me wrong, Aliens is still a solid piece of entertainment, and one of the most effective sequels ever made, but one could argue that it was almost "too good"; it won the hearts of so many people that its reputation precedes it these days, and now that just about every single Sci-Fi/Action film/TV-series/video-game since 1986 has plagiarised it (or "taken inspiration" if you're feeling less bitter), it's gotten to the point where its strong points feel somewhat diluted. It may take a few more viewings for Blade Runner to fully cement its position; after all, I have seen Aliens many times and like many of my frequently viewed films I can't help but nitpick, but at this point in my life, Blade Runner triumphs, and it's unlikely to drop any time soon. That being said, Alien still beats both IMO.

Both are good killing sci-fi affects but I'll take Blade Runner because l it's that sensational.

I like both movies but I don’t love them. Despite a great message, I didn’t overly connect with Blade Runner and I thought that Aliens just redid the first one but on a bigger scale with more action. I’m still picking Blade Runner!

Blade Runner by far.

James Cameron sucks massive cock.

Aliens>Blade Runner

Blade Runner is most watchable and greatest things of dystopian above it so Blade Runner gets the easy win here.

Blade Runner is most watchable and greatest things of dystopian above it so Blade Runner gets the easy win here.