Aliens vs. The Godfather

7 comments

16 comments

two of my favorite movies of all time.....oh god........going with Godfather

No real challenge for me. Godfather wins easy

Godfather is a masterpiece, and great cinema. I could say the same thing about Aliens too though, and I had more fun with it. As hard as it is, I've got to give it to Aliens.

Aaaaaa. I love them both so much, but Godfather will win almost any fight

Aliens is one of the best sequels ever and arguably more fun, but if I had to decide which film would be the only one archeologists of the future would see, I'd pick Godfather.

The Godfather is well crafted, but nowhere near as good as billed. Aliens is fun. Plain and simple. So it's Aliens for me.

Seb
Seb

I'll go with aliens

Seb
Seb

I said aliens u idiots

Guy, we went through this on the There Will Be Blood vs The Godfather thread. You've got to rank the matchup Seb. Click the link at the top and select Aliens. Anyway... So Aliens is one of the best films ever made, but The Godfather still cripples it.

Very tough. I can't say that one is definitely better than the other, but Aliens is sci-fi, so it gets the nod.

The Godfather. Aliens is a great action. But The Godfather is so much better on so many levels.

No word can describe how good these two movies are. Even the word 'Masterpiece' is not enough to describe these two. Both fall in to my Top 5 when the LOTR trilogy is counted as one movie, as it should be, but Godfather may be a tad better when it comes to context covered, characters, story and the musical score.

Sorry Aliens, but you lose.

Was Aliens that great?

The Godfather, even though I'm more of a Sci-Fi man and Aliens is still a good film. Were this Alien Vs. The Godfather, that would be a different matter, but this time I've got to go with The Godfather.

The more I watch Aliens, I find it less interesting. Its not terrible, I still really enjoy it but definitely not as much as I once did

The Godfather on the other hand, gets miles better everytime!!!! Sorry about the two posts, btw

I guess my inner geek is showing here. I personally prefer Aliens.

I'm actually going with Aliens.

Aliens is awesome, but The Godfather definitely wins this time.

Aliens is an action movie, plain and simple. It doesn't topple The Godfather.

Aliens is far better.

The godfather

The Godfather definitely, Aliens is kind overrated very much.

If it was Alien, The Godfather will get hammered here. But as it's the action-heavy, overly familiar but bigger sequel, I have to pick Godfather