Aliens vs. True Lies

14 comments

1 comments

This is Cameron's best vs. Cameron's weakest. (Well, admittedly, I've never seen Piranha II...) I like True Lies, but to put it up against Aliens is really kind of silly.

ear
ear

Aliens is out of this world superior.

All I know is that Bill Paxton steals both of these movies.

True Lies is amazing, but Aliens is even more amazing.

Cameron's weakest is better than everyone else's best. True Lies does what most action-comedies can't - it gets both genres right and it does so perfectly. I'd put it above Avatar, actually.

Cameron's weakest (discounting that fish film that none of us have seen) is Avatar. Which is only slightly worse than The Abyss. Which is a bit worse than Titanic. Which is way worse than True Lies. Which is quality. Gotta hand it to Cameron, though, for making 3 remarkable films, one very good film and two money printing machines. Discounting The Abyss (and the fish film that none of us have seen) everything feature he's directed is rockstar in one way or another.

Shit, totally forgot about Titanic and I haven't seen The Abyss yet. Titanic is his worst, then Avatar, then True Lies. But yeah, dude's a baller.

*every feature...

Aliens by a long way. True Lies is Cameron's weakest big budget film.

I liked Aliens almost in an inappropriate way as a child.

I hate picking against True Lies, but I'll have to do it here.

"Game over man... Game over!"

Damn is True Lies amazing the best of the genre sexy smart witty and action pact but Aliens is Killer so amazing untouched in the Action/Horror genre.

True Lies was a huge hit. It still holds up and I'm going out on the limb here by saying that True Lies is better than most action movies out these days. Aliens wins this easily though. It's also better than every Sci-Fi movie out these days too.

Man....just love both of these....