Star Trek Into Darkness vs. Looper

4 comments

6 comments

Into Darkness was an amazing and thrilling ride of Sci Fi awesomeness! Looper is considered one of the best of last year but I just didn't see it. Lens Flares FTW!

Looper is an astoundingly original movie full of fantastic actors. It's script has so many twists and turns, and it never takes the easy way out. Into Darkness is also really, really good, but has some definite flaws (contrived villain plot, rehash of other ST movies, etc.) Both are great, Looper is greater.

Looper is definitely the more original movie, but I'll always believe that having both time travel and telekinetic mutants in the same story was a mistake (it's just too much to buy into). I had far less problems with Star Trek Into Darkness, so it wins.

I agree with what Caesar said. One of my issues was the fact that the second half focused around a telekinetic boy whilst the first half was more intriguing and original. That wasn't my biggest issue, my biggest issue would be the anticlimatic end (which I felt)

I loved both, but Star Trek Into Darkness is my preference.

I loved both films also, but Into Darkness takes it.

Episode VII director vs. Episode VIII director!

Opinions are like assholes, but some assholes have hemorrhoids.

Into Darkness is good but I like Looper more.

Surprisingly easy for me. Star Trek into Darkness FTW

Into Darkness felt lacking after the amazing first film, but Looper is the showcase for what may be our next most promising young director.