Star Trek Into Darkness vs. Man of Steel

12 comments

3 comments

No comments? ! ! ! Two biggest summer blockbusters of 2013 and no comments? ! Well, I guess I'll start. Both of these films received a good deal of backlash from haterz, Man of Steel more so. I personally agree with the 44% of Rotten Tomatoes who didn't like Man of Steel, and also really liked Into Darkness. Both are flawed, one is less. One is significantly, significantly less.

Man of Steel disappointed me so much that I was actually disappointed to hear that Batman will appear in the sequel (although I will go see it because I'm easy like that). Star Trek Into Darkness may not have been as good as its predecessor, but it still delivered the goods in a big way. Easy choice...

Oh yeah, Batman's gonna be in MoS 2. I shouldn't care, but I do. I don't want to care, but I do. I'm gonna get all hyped up, and I'm probably gonna be disappointed. I'm a pessimistic bastard, ain't I?

Oh yeah, Batman's gonna be in MoS 2. I shouldn't care, but I do. I don't want to care, but I do. I'm gonna get all hyped up, and I'm probably gonna be disappointed. I'm a pessimistic bastard, ain't I?

Into Darkness is so far, the best film of the year. MoS would rank somewhere close

Man of Steel 2, aka "Secretly The Dark Knight Returns"?

Have JGL with the Looper make-up play young Batman and / or let Bruce Willis play old Batman. Bam, Looper 2, Man of Steel 2, The Dark Knight Rises Again and Frank Miller's The Dark Knight Returns.

I agree with SLionsCricket. Star Trek Into Darkness is the best film of the year so far, but Man of Steel ain't to far behind.

MysticSpoon, I want yo babies.

Star Trek into Darkness wins. I was overall happy with Into Darkness. I was disappointed with Man of Steel. Its hard to put my finger on but it was just bland and the action was well egh ok. I liked Iron man 3 better then both of them honestly lol.

Do you all realize just how much of our pop culture has been recycled by Abrams/Lindelof/Orci/Kurtzman, and how badly? We have a "Goyerized" remake of Superman I + II vs. a "Abramized" remake of Wrath of Khan. Man of Steel was definitely disappointing, but Into Darkness - just like Transformers, and Lost, and the Mission Impossible sequels, and Cowboys and Aliens, and the questionable and cheesily recycled aspects and in-jokes of Hawaii-Five O, or Alias, or Super 8, and the pretension of Prometheus - is hack writing and hack directing. If one is going to recycle pop culture, I can do it much better than any of these guys, I don't care how much money their movies have made, someday I hope I have the opportunity to prove it.

Star Trek wins, but hey....I enjoyed both!

Which one was LESS disappointing?

Definitely Into Darkness.

Both movies have good and bad points, but as someone who has the movie that Into Darkness poorly steals from in their top 5 movies ever, I can't get over my admitted bias against it. MoS > ID

Both have flaws, no ones arguing that. But I cared a lot more about what happened in Star Trek. Also, I'm much more of a Trek fan than Superman.

Man of Steel. I really enjoyed both, but MoS did a great job introducing me to the character of Superman (I had never seen a Superman movie before), so it wins here.