Hook vs. Batman Begins

3 comments

4 comments

damn tough - but i love hook - its a classic and robin williams is just brillant

I loved Hook when I was younger--still do--but Batman Begins was an awesome reboot.

I admired what they tried to do with "Hook," and I thought Hoffman was great. But I think it was "Hook" where I realized I don't find Robin Williams entertaining. At all.

Batman Begins may be the better movie, but Hook was always one of my favorite movies as a kid, so I have to go with Hook.

Batman Begins

Batman Begins is the only quality film of the two. Batman Begins for the win!

I loved Hook when I was a kid and I still appreciate where they were going with it but for the best interpretation of a classic I'd have to go with Batman Begins. Hook fell short of keeping me involved after Peter got his inner child back however Batman Begins never failed me.

Both are undoubtedly great films...but in the end, I have to give it to Hook. I grew up with that film, and it holds a very special place in my heart. I love how the story really delves into the psychology of Peter Pan as a character, and thus gets a great performance by Robin Williams to boot. Not only does it have one of my all-time favorite villain performances (courtesy of Mr. Dustin Hoffman), but it's just a very fun film all around. After 16 years, I'm still moved by the ending.