Planet Terror vs. Zombieland

2 comments

5 comments

Two movies that prove that a zombie-pocalypse can be fun. I'm having trouble picking which one I liked better. Both are funny, over-the-top, and have some badass zombie slayers (Cherry or Tallahassee?) How can I choose? I guess Planet Terror wins with the sexiness of Rose McGowen and the awesomeness of Bruce Willis wins this time.

Planet Terror was outright hysterical in several parts. Out loud laughter in the the theater. I think I merely chuckled during Zombieland. Not to say that I didn't like Zombieland, but it just wasn't nearly as over-the-top, bad ass as Planet Terror.

So true. Planet Terror is much funnier. Zombieland is pretty good though.

Both are great. But only one had the Double Tap....

Both are great, but I think I'm gonna have to give it to Planet Terror.

Fake B movie* vs. "quirky" Juno bullshit with zombies. Fuck. I guess you could get me to see Planet Terror at gunpoint slightly faster. (*Some level of self-awareness is inevitable these days, besides freak lightning-in-a-bottle occurrences like The Room, but Rodriguez's stuff is just totally hollow somehow. It's like he's desperate to prove to Tarantino that he's one of the cool kids.)

Planet Terror's watchability relies too much on its gimmick; Zombieland is immeasurably better.

Give me some Twinkies please

Two Badass Movies Ever. Loved Both.