Terminator Genisys vs. Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines

6 comments

9 comments

Crazy.

This is tough. Neither are close to the first two so they are both in a class together. (Salvation never happened) I'm going with T5 here only because it tried something new. T3 was just a money grab with literally the same story as T2 but with some subtle differences. T5 although it didn't have any tension in it, it was at least a good action flick.

Even though Genisys was weak storywise, it's still way better than the Rise of the Machines.

Hard to choose. Instead of being a heady re-launch of a franchise with an alternate timeline Genisys feels more like an insult to the classic first two films. T3 was just aimless, Genisys is flat out dumb.

5 is not as good as 1 or 2 (which are LEGENDARY), but is better than 3 or 4

The last two Terminators released (I've ignored Salvation and will ever ignore it). Genisys is hugely better, even though this story about T-1000, 1984, 2017 is a lot of mess.

Rise of the Machines is just awful. Genisys isn't good either, but I think it's a lot better than T3.

Rac
Rac

Both are bad. At least as theatrical cuts, but T3 has lot of redeeming qualities. T5 has none. Watch T3: The Coming Storm fanedit. That made me tolerate the movie, when I previously loathed it. It removed all the stupid fucking humor (which also T5 is pested with), timeline inaccuracies, and some other inconvinieces. Nick Stahl is my favorite, and imo the best, John Connor. The ending of T3 is great. The tone, when all the humor is removed, is menacing, and brooding, like T1, the frst and best movie in the franchise. That is what the franchise needs. Not those lame "Arnold is a robot trying to be human" jokes. The blame goes all the way to James Cameron though. He started it with T2, which is the reason I don't hold that movie in as high regard as T1. The kiddie flick humor tone does not suit Terminator

I thought Terminator Genisys was kinda cool, despite its messy-as-hell plot. It's a bit better than the last two movies in the franchise.

I will go with Terminator Genisys even if it had a messy plot wow the acting was okay, Jai Courtney i don't hate the guy but he shouldn't have been casted as Kyle Reese, Emilia Clarke as Sarah Connor I thought she was alright she wasn't terrible, J.K Simmons talent was wasted in this movie wow, and the T- 1000 was only in the movie for twenty minutes what the hell that was waste to, Byung-hun lee was the best performance in the movie he should have been in the movie longer, if the trailers didn't show the movie the whole skynet turning John Connor into a terminator that would have been a good twist but it fell flat and the actions scenes in the movie aren't that good, and the CGI Arnold was bad, Arnold as the terminator is great as always, Terminator Genisys is a guilty pleasure movie that's all i will say about Genisys, Rise of the machines however I won't say anything because the movie was shit.

I honestly like both of these, though, of course, they aren't nearly in the same league as the first two. Hell, I even like Salvation, to a degree, though its biggest problem is that it's not actually a Terminator movie. Anywho, I'll give this one to Genisys, for the moment. It has issues, but it worked well enough for me.

Genisys>Rise of the Machines

ear
ear

Genisys is the superior Terminator film.

This franchise really needs to go away forever now.

Terminator Genisys by a sliver. even though I like T3 more!

T3 is better than Genyshits but it is still bad.

I can see why people prefer either movies, but T3 is still the most disappointing Terminator movie and the bottom for me