Batman & Robin vs. Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones

4 comments

9 comments

Like choosing between a tax audit and a root canal.

Oh, Attack of the Clones is bad. But it's not nipples-on-the-batsuit bad.

Very good, johnmason.

oh mann...... star wars.

What "jimmyrabbitte" said... both are pure crap.

What a bad day for flickin' movies. My god. Like Johnnie said, Bat-Nipples won the contest for bad movies here.

I'm voting for Batman and Robin. Bad vs. Bad is always a fun vote, but one reason is because Batman and Robin never takes itself very seriously. From the Batsuit to Mr. Freeze's icy puns, this movie is light and it is meant to be that way. I get the feeling Lucas and co. tried to make Clones as serious as possible, because they always do. They went all out with the money spent, the effects, the acting etc, and it still turned out terrible. This movie was bad on every level imaginable. Star Wars is held, right or wrong, to a higher standard than most series...and it wasn't just bad for a Star Wars movie, it was Razzie bad on all accounts. To the point of almost ruining the legacy of the original series. Batman wasn't hurt by B&R...we might have had laughs at it's expense, but it rebounded with the reboot, and it can still be watched as a stand alone. It wins here.

Both Bad movies But Episode II: Attack of the Clones is when Star Wars Died.

I'm one of the few who genuinely like Attack of the Clones.

Yes. Yes. Yes. I just really can't stand Attack of the Clones.

Nipples.

Average Star Wars destroys mind bogglingly bad Batman movies....

Attack of the Clones is one of the Worst movies I Have ever seen. So, I Have to choose Batman & Robin for this round.

Batman & Robin is bad. Attack of the Clones isn't great, but I really like the arena battle scene. So I guess Attack of the Clones wins for me.

Thing is, I don’t think I’ve seen Batman and Robin since I was about 8-9 years old aside from memes and outdated internet personalities who got famous ripping movies like this to shreds on YouTube about 10-12 years ago when it was “cool” to do so, so part of me is curious to see whether it holds up as a guilty pleasure, in which case it would probably go up a few notches. But there’s no denying it is a bad film. Attack of the Clines, on the other hand, is a film which I have unfortunately seen a number of times since it was released, mainly as part of Star Wars marathons or if it was on TV. I can safely say that it only gets worse with age, and no amount of mildly amusing memes or lacklustre Disney sequel movies will change that. Having not seen Solo: A Star Wars Story or Rise of Skywalker at the time of writing, it’s still the worst Star Wars film I’ve seen to date, boring me as much as it infuriates with its famously awful dialogue, performances and thinly veiled, poorly rendered CGI fan service. If you put a gun to my head, i guess I’d watch Batman and Robin out of morbid curiosity, but make no mistake, there are no winners here.

Attack of the Clones wins