Richard Jewell vs. Uncut Gems

4 comments

4 comments

Uncut Gems>Richard Jewell

Both underrated but Richard Jewell is extra special. Great film.

Uncut Gems just didn't do it for me. I can't explain why, it just felt empty and uneven. Richard Jewell on the other hand was compelling and very overlooked!

Certainly uneven, it's a chaotic mess! These films are at apposing ends of the emotional spectrum.

Edge to Richard Jewell cause I relate more to the protagonist there (the guy's practically a carbon copy of me).

Both of these movies featured assholes as their main characters. Jewell is a stupid, stupid guy in the movie, to the point of offense. Still, the guy didn't deserve it, especially because he was, after all, a hero. I still have zero sympathy for him as a person, because he's still a hunter after all, but I know what's right and that which happened to him was not. Adam Sandler is playing the typical Adam Sandler character in Uncut Gems, but he's playing it with grace. Also, while Eastwood is definitely still at the top of his game (this movie is still pretty much the best you can get out of the biopic/docudrama genres), UG is still the more unique, different and profound movie. RJ is still your typical simplistic biopic; the guy's a hero, but that's really just something we already know and that's the only message that the movie wanted to give.

Richard Jewell is the better film even though both are interesting. Richard Jewell captivates and teaches. Great example of how the media grew to this crusading cesspool and maybe where journalism started to die.

ear
ear

Richard Jewel was a good movie but it is preachy in its indictment of the press and the FBI. Uncut Gems was a surprisingly intense and well acted film that had a pointed message about addictive behaviour and a superb performance from Adam Sandler. Uncut Gems is the memorable one here.