Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang vs. Iron Man

4 comments

5 comments

My two favorite RDJ performances. Iron Man is a non-stop fun action movie but suffers from a bad villain. Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang is a hilarious crime thriller that is only made better by an equally entertaining performance by Val Kilmer. Kiss Kiss moves on.

I really enjoyed both, but Iron Man takes the win.

Both are equally amazing, but Iron Man wins.

Iron Man does what it do, but it doesn't do what it does exclusively with dos or by doing away with don'ts. With Shane Black and the Mandarin, without ScarJo, and with a more balanced use of the Extremis Virus, IM3 should surpass the mostly good IM and the tacky, but watchable IM2. Even then it probably won't be better than the Kisses and Bangs. RDJ, do your thing. Shane Black stand up.

Iron Man. It wasn't the best comic book movie, but it was solid enough. KKBB was fun enough....but ultimately, nothing that I still think about today...

Iron Man 3 = Put these two together and add a larger budget! Iron Man obviously takes this match but I can't wait to see what Shane Black does with Iron Man 3.

Cleckley's right about this one. Black's got a way with words and Downey knows how to speak them. A match made in Heaven. KKBB's funny AS HELL and what little action there is is on-point. The rhythm of the bit at the end where Harry dangles from an overpass, nails the baddie, falls, and then hastily pops every motherfucker who has a gun in-hand...flawless. And that's pretty much the way it goes with the rest of the movie, as well.

Great dialogue in both of these, and great delivery by Robert Downey Jr. RDJ might be even better in Iron Man, but the dialogue is miles better in KKBB. Plus, the third act of Marvel's flagpole film has never really satisfied me. I mean, the image of Jeff Bridges perched inside that giant Iron Man suit is laughable, let alone the fact that he is somehow able to operate it as well as Tony with little to no practice. Almost every beat of KKBB is perfect, right up through the ending. And Val Kilmer gets the MVP out of the supporting casts of both films. Sorry, Gwyneth.

RDJ is pure awesome. That is all.

Iron man is a best movie and great effect but Iron Man suit is laughable, let alone the fact that he is somehow able to operate it as well as Tony with little to no practice. ---------------------------------------------------- http://www.crazymassfacts.com/

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang