Midnight in Paris vs. Drive

3 comments

11 comments

on 11/7/2011

Both are in my top ten for 2011, but Drive is at #5 and Midnight in Paris: #10.

on 11/8/2011

Both are in my top 10 for 2011, but then I haven't watched 10 movies from 2011 yet... Drive shocked me. And I'm not that easily shockable. The exploitation part of the film came out of nowhere It ended up being like a bloody version of American Gigolo but with cars instead of clothes and women. Midnight in Paris is funny, but it's soooo Woody, it hurts. Drive wins.

on 2/1/2012

I didn't think I'd like Midnight In Paris at all, but ended up really enjoying it. I went into Drive thinking I was going to love it, and I did. I'll go with Drive.

on 2/1/2012

I'm not sure how drive is higher on my top of 2011... but somehow, for reasons i can't explain midnight in Paris is my #6 and drive is my #3

JRM
JRM

on 2/1/2012

As much as I loved Midnight in Paris, Drive really raised the bar of what I expect from a movie. It floored me.

on 2/1/2012

Waaaaaaayyyy too much blank and mindless staring into space in Drive. Refn was stuck in slo-mo.

on 3/28/2012

Oh boy, I feel kinda bad choosing the 'unpopular' title, but I can't help it: Midnight in Paris was excellent. Drive was really, really good, but not really my cup of tea. It was definitely more style over substance, which is fine, don't get me wrong, but I rather have substance I think. Of all the movies I've seen in '11, Midnight is probably my favourite. It's funny, it's sweet, and my eyes were glued to the screen.

on 3/29/2012

both a bit overrated in my opinion but I did enjoy them both drive comes out on top tho for me

on 3/29/2012

both a bit overrated in my opinion but I did enjoy them both drive comes out on top tho for me

on 10/16/2012

I found Drive to be VERY overrated. Midnight In Paris is a nice film that delivers a strong meassage. A far better film experience.

on 10/16/2012

Drive - 2011s best Midnight In Paris = One of 2011s best

on 1/28/2013

I don't read enough books to fully appreciate Midnight in Paris. I listen to enough 80's and house music to appreciate Drive though.

on 1/28/2013

Drive

on 12/6/2013

Drive is not too good. Midnight in Paris is fantastic!

on 12/6/2013

Drive without hesitation.

on 6/15/2014

Drive was super cool and im not a real big fan of WOODY but Midnight in Paris amazed me it was original with a great setting a brilliant insight and script with dialog delivered perfectly from Wilson who is not a great atctor but channeled something special in the film. PARIS wins a close one.