Avatar vs. Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

1 comments

4 comments

*groan* I guess I'll go with Avatar, but I'm not happy about it.

Harry potter and the Half-Blood Prince gets my vote. I am a huge Harry Potter fan, but that isn't the only reason I am picking it. Avatar is overrated. It is not a bad movie by any means though. It is just Dances with Wolves in space. It does look great, and is definitely worth a watch. But to even be considered as a top best picture contender is silly. This Harry Potter movie is excellent in every way. It is a little underrated. A lot of people say that this is the worst Harry Potter movie. Yes it doesn't have loads of action, but Harry Potter is character driven. The action that is in the movie is great though.

Pretty close; don't think either of them are anything special, but Avatar was certainly the more memorable if the more formulaic. HBP is probably the Harry Potter film I remember the least well having only seen it once (and even then, not very commitently). If I watch it again (I'm planning on doing a Harry Potter marathon at some point), I may change my mind, but for now, Avatar wins.

I slept through most of Avatar (nah, I didn't, but I was terribly bored though), so this is an auto-win for Half-Blood Prince, which is possibly the best film in the series.

I wasn't a huge fan of the Potter films, so Avatar wins with ease.

I actually wasn't a big fan Avatar, but Half-Blood Prince is where I started losing interest in HP. I think I'm going to go with HBP by default.