Gladiator vs. Saving Private Ryan

8 comments

13 comments

Good fight!

Great Fight. This one will go the distance with Saving Private Ryan finishing on top.

The epicness in Gladiator is more than Private Ryan can handle.

SPR for sure.

Are you not entertained!

I agree with PiccoloKing. Gladiator was more satisfying than SPR, which I thought was rather overlong. The Extended Cut of Gladiator > SPR

Gladiator, but not by much. Gladiator is a top 20 film, but SPR is one of the honourable mentions which just misses out. Regardless, both are fantastic.

SPR slaughters IMO.

Going with Gladiator.

Gladiator the more epic film.

Ryab

Saving Ryan's Privates

SPR but only because I'm a sucker for Tom Hanks' acting.

Gladiator

Saving private ryan easily

love the cast more in SPR and the beach scene is one of cinemas greatest, Gladiator is also epic, both are so great.

I'm going with Saving Private Ryan for sure.

ear
ear

Saving Private Ryan hands down.

Gladiator has the more compelling, better-written lead character, which gets further translated into the much stronger lead performance, for Crowe is a far better actor than Hanks. He could've easily pulled off Miller as well as Hanks did, but it's doubtful if Hanks could've owned a role like Maximus the way Crowe did. That's how I see it anyway.

Saving Private Ryan has more impact even though both are great films where we lose our lead by story's end.

Crowe and Hanks carry these films, it's the supporting cast that let them down. Gladiator>Saving Private Ryan

Saving Private Ryan recommended superior.